Sunday, November 05, 2006

Silk and Ivory

Last May, when I was in the Richmond, Virginia, area, I visited Holly Spring Homespun in Powhatan. I was taken with the shop's Silk and Ivory, 50 percent silk and 50 percent merino yarn. This color is Spring Meadow. I wish you could feel how soft and silky this scarf is.

The pattern is the Knotted Openwork Scarf by Wannietta Prescord, on the Canadian Knitwear Designers & Artisans Web site. This is a great pattern to use for a small amount of yarn (this skein was 200 yards), especially to show off color.

1 comment:

Bridget said...

This is just beautiful, Sue! And good to know it doesn't use lots of yarn, since I have about the same amount handy that I was hoping to use for a scarf.

I can see why you were taken with the yarn - it even looks soft.