Sunday, November 19, 2006

Another Doily

I was so pleased with my green variegated doily, I decided to try a purple one with some vintage Royal Society Cordichet, size 30, thread on US0 needles. This size 30 thread felt thinner than Cebelia size 30, for some reason. This is project #12 in Lavori Artistici #11. And how cool is this system to block a doily? Thanks, Pat S. — you're a genius!

I think that variegated thread can work well on a doily, with the right colors and the right pattern. On colors, I think thread with various shades of the same color works well; I'm not sure thread with many color would work. On pattern, I think a pattern with a lot of solids shows off the colors well.

1 comment:

Bridget said...

I've never made a doily, so forgive me if this is a stupid question but ... how did you block it? Is it tied to a hoop of some kind?

Inquiring minds want to know.

I really like it though, I think the variegations give it a lot of depth, without distracting from the pattern.

Cool.