|Pattern: Heads are Round|
from the Top Down by
The yarn is Manos del Uruguay Rittenhouse merino 5-ply.
This is what I like:
- Manos is a non-profit organization that promotes economic and social opportunities for rural women through yarn. Each of the two skeins I bought included information on the village and the artisan.
- The colors are gorgeous. Absolutely gorgeous.
- The yarn is soft and lovely to knit with.
What I hate:
- Knots. Each skein had at least two knots. Grrrrrrrrrr.
- The yarn stretches a lot when washed and blocked. I ended up ripping out each hat and re-knitting it with fewer stitches. Yes, I could have swatched. But I have knit dozens and dozens of hats with all kinds of yarn and have never seen one that stretches this much. And I am a tight knitter; I knit these on US4 needles.
I wish the “loves” clearly outweighed the “hates,” but I am not sure.
|Boyfriend Hat by|