Tuesday, January 15, 2008

On Tour

On tour with the Touring Wrap from Village Yarn & Tea. I saw a shop model and had to make it. The details:
  • Yarn: Fleece Artist Suri Blue, 50 percent suri alpaca, 50 percent Blue Face Leicester, 100 grams, 600 meters. It's mostly lime green and pink.
  • Needles: US4
  • Cast on 85 stitches instead of the 97 specified.
  • Finished size: 14 inches x 66 inches
The pattern, which is available on the Village Yarn & Tea Web site, is cleverly designed to use the whole skein of the luscious yarn. And you can practice (or show off) your Kitchnering skill because you get to Kitchner one border to the rest of the scarf.

Regrettably, my photography non-skills do not show the beauty of the yarn or the pattern.

1 comment:

Bridget said...

I *really* like this! I may give it try, but my Kitchenering skills suck, so I have to give it some further thought ...