Saturday, June 29, 2013

More Landscaping

I normally do not knit the same pattern twice in a row. Yes, I have knit maybe dozen Landscape scarves since the pattern was published in 2000 but never twice in a row. However, the stars lined up so that just as I finished the Bluefaced Leicester version (see June 14 post), I bought this yarn during a visit to Richmond, Virginia. After several false starts on other patterns, I was back to Landscape.

The details:
  • Yarn: Cestari fingering; 67% cotton, 25% wool, 8% silk; 190 yards/2 ounces; Sea Shell (the color is deceptive; it looks like off-white but it also has flecks of green, red, and blue).
  • Needles: US5
  • Finished size: 14½ inches back neck length
Of course, I made modifications:
  • Alternating garter and stockinette bands
  • Beads instead of picots (Toho round 6/0 gold-lined rainbow aqua)

No comments: