Tuesday, December 04, 2012

Another Icelandic Shawl

Last year, I knit the Icelandic Lace Shawl with lots and lots of changes. I had a lot of the yarn leftover so I knit another Icelandic shawl, Halfskak by Sigridur Halldorsdottir from Three-Cornered and Long Shawls. Again, I made lots and lots of changes. And, once again, I am happy with the results.


Yarn: Knit Picks lace weight: undyed (white), Jewels (blue), Lost Lake (green), and Sunset (red)

Needles: US 6

Finished size: 25 inches center back

Changes:

  • Extra stitched added to each side and slipped.
  • Fewer colors than original (I really am trying to knit from stash).
  • Stockinette, not garter, on the white section.
  • Extra repeats of the white section.
  • Centered double decreases on the colored section.

1 comment:

Bridget said...

This is so pretty, and I love the different color on the border!

Sorry I have been a crappy correspondent - things are settling down, so I think you'll be stuck hearing from me again ... if the e-mail address I have for you is still valid!