Thursday, February 23, 2012

Frustrating

Knitting the doily was easy; taking its picture to good effect has been much harder. The thread colors are very subtle but my photo attempts have resulted in too much contrast or turned them into mud. I opted here for one of the muddier ones but I think the colors come through. I hope so anyway.

The details:
  • Pattern: Helen from Old World Treasures from Gloria Penning, 73 rounds.
  • Thread: Lizbeth size 40, color 167 Jungle Greens (lots of greens, some yellow, a little teal).
  • Needles: 1.75mm (US size 00).
  • Finished size: 10 inches diameter.
The only change I made was to make the double decreases in the petals as centered double decreases.

Based on only a few projects, I very much like the Lizbeth thread. I purchased the threads from Debbie at DS9Designs, who carries most, if not all of the colors, in several sizes (no affiliation, just a happy customer). Some of the variegated colors have too much contrast for my taste, but some, like Jungle Greens, are far more subtle and more appealing to me.

The photography issue still bugs me. I try to take pictures outside in natural, overcast light (we have a lot of overcast here in the Pacific Northwest), on different backgrounds, with and without fill flash. Suggestions?

No comments: