Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Cowl

Since I knit Ice Queen last year, I've become quite attached to cowls. Apparently I have become attached to green cowls, since my Ice Queen is mint green, but that may be another story for a later time.

The yarn was a gift from a year ago. It took that long for it to tell me what it wanted to be, after several false starts.


The details:
  • Pattern: Diamond Leaf Cowl by Darlene Joyce, offered as a freebie by Mosaic Yarn Studio. The pattern called for four repeats; the yarn allowed me four and a half.
  • Yarn: Tilli Tomas Fil de la Mer in in Olive; 70% silk, 30% seacell; 140yards/50 grams; 2 skeins. This is amazingly soft and luxurious yarn. 
  • Needles: US7
  • Finished size: About 13 inches tall.
I am likely to knit this again; it really shows off relatively small amounts of luxury yarn.

    No comments: